CEMEX Building Awards 2016 Celebration
On the 17th of May CEMEX celebrated CEMEX Building Awards 2016 at EL Baron Palace, where we were honored by the presence of Eng. Yasser ElDessouky, The Governor of Assiut , H.E General Ahmed Taymor, the Acting Governor of Cairo , our honorable judges and CEMEX family. Also the event was hosted by one of Egypt’s famous radio presenter Osama Mounir, and ended up with the international singer Rola Zaki.
This award distinguishes the best in architecture and construction around the world. The purpose of the award is to develop and support a global culture of continuous innovation in construction, and unleash creativity and novelty for the sake of development.
We were gathered to announce the winners of the first phase of the Global CEMEX Building Award 2016; those winners are going to represent Egypt in the second and last phase of the award in Mexico.
And the winners are:
- The winner of the Affordable Housing category:
MIG Company- El Mostakbal Project
- The winner of the Buildings category:
Siac Company- Hotel Tahrir Project
- The winner of the Collective Space category:
Shams Company- Platinum Club Project
- The winner of the Infrastructure category:
Orascom Company- Assiut Power Plant Project
- The winner of the Innovation category:
CEMEX Pavements Company- Cairo-Suez Highway Project
- The winner of the Residential category:
SODIC Company- Forty West Project
- The winner of the Social Value category:
First Company- PM2 (Paper Mill 2) Project
- The winner of the Sustainability category:
Siac Company- Mivida Project
- The winner of the Universal Accessibility category:
Venci Company- Assiut Barrage Project
Congratulations to the winners and best wishes for them at the second phase. Building a better future is our purpose and adding a sustainable value to the communities where we operate is our mean to this purpose.